One of the things I am often accused of is saying that I am “really pumped” about what is coming our way! GUILTY! I can’t help it…I love what I do…I love our church…I love the upstate area…and so with that in mind I would love to share what is headed our way…
- This Sunday we will be dealing with the subject of what the Bible says in regards to disciplining children.
- Next week we will deal with what happens when a good kid goes bad.
- The next week will be what is the BEST THING you can do for your kids (OR your future kids!)
- And Thanksgiving weekend will be a special treat!
One of the words that could be used to describe my relationship with Jesus lately is “desperate!” Over the past seven and a half years I have learned to depend on Him more and more and myself less and less. In seeking His face we really are excited about the following things we are feeling led to do…
- Lee has been in the studio recording his CD for the past two weeks…this is going to be an amazing project. Yes, we are planning a CD release concert here at NewSpring Church…you won’t want to miss that—more details forthcoming.
- Our series for the month of December is called “Stripped.” When Jesus came to earth 2,000 years ago He came to strip a lot of things away from the mindset that dominated that day—AND TODAY, some people love Him, others resisted…and we will talk about it. This will be a fun series.
- This Christmas we are partnering with Homeland Park Elementary School, the opportunities for us to do missions is right here in our backyard…and what God has given us the vision for to do in this community is HUGE—this is our first step—more details to come.
- Christmas service times will be announced soon—these services are a great opportunity to invite your friends to hear about Jesus.
- Our last service of the year will be a “best of” for 07. If you haven’t sent in your favorite moment of this past year along with your favorite song—do it now.
- In January we will be launching a new series called…well…we don’t have the name for it yet, BUT we do know the subjects…and it will be an AWESOME series to kick off the year with—VERY practical…and we will be launching a few things we’ve never really attempted.
- Starting in February we are going to be doing an entire series on the subject of sex. That’s right! SEX! One of the reasons the world has such a messed up view of sex is because the movie and television industry currently dominate what is being taught—while the church has remained silent because the issue gets to embarrassing. BUT…sex was God’s idea…so we are going to see what Scripture says about the subject.
- On Thursday, March 13 we will have our annual “Unleash” conference. We already have over 500 people registered!!! We made it a one day deal so that pastors can bring several staff and volunteers with them, trust me—this year is going to be off the hook!
That’s all I’m going to talk about right now—we do have our Easter series planned…but I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag just yet. :-) Please keep us in your prayers as we continue to seek the Lord about the specifics of each message. I can’t wait!!!