Two Facts About Spiritual Warfare—Part Two
Continuing from yesterday’s thought…
#2 - The Enemy Will Always Come After The Leaders Family
Once again, take a look at I Samuel 31:1-3…and notice that the enemy first killed Saul’s sons before they got to him!
Church leader…here is a fact…the enemy IS coming after your marriage!
- He wants you to take it for granted.
- He wants you to believe that God will make up the difference if you will just keep on ignoring your family.
- He wants you to have high expectation from them…but have them not expect anything from you.
- He wants you be completely spiritual at the church…but never really mention Jesus at home.
- He wants you to invest time in developing a great ministry…but invest ZERO time in establishing a great vision for your marriage.
AND…trust me…he WILL come after your spouse!
I can’t tell you the number of nights that Lucretia has had nighmares and cannot sleep. (Not to mention a variety of health issues she has dealt with in the past three years!) Your spouse is a target…and that is why we must LOVE THEM and LEAD THEM through this minefield! If we think our spouse is immune to this we are idiots! When we are married the two become one…period!
Question…what steps are you taking to SHOW your spouse that they are important to you…and you will do whatever it takes to love and protect them. (Date nights, back rubs with NO strings attached, conversations about what they are reading in Scripture, etc.)
AND…church leaders…the enemy is coming after your kids…
UNFORTUNATELY many pastors kids become “wild as hell” because he spends all of his time looking after every kid in the church except his own. (And when his kid does go crazy the church fires him because he is not leading his family well!!!)
My NUMBER ONE discipleship responsibility is Charisse! Yet the enemy will tempt me with…
- You’re tired…you can play with her tomorrow.
- Vacation time is coming, you can spend time with her then.
- You don’t understand her now…but when she gets older you will.
I could go on and on…but the reality is that she is a target…and I MUST do all that I can to protect her…not only as her pastor but as her father.
She’s only one (two on the 27th)...but we pray together every night! We have a date every Saturday morning. We read the Bible together (her favorite story is Jonah). I sing to her every night (her favorite song is “Amazing Grace!”)
Pastors…we MUST take our children seriously…the enemy does!!! He IS coming after them…and so we must raise them to love Jesus and walk in victory…and then they can grow up and kick satan in the nuts…just like we did!!!