My mind is racing…wow…here are some thoughts…
- This Sunday at NewSpring we are going to see something happen that we dreamed about seven years ago—people called us crazy when we said it—but God is HUGE!!!
- If you know someone who does not know Christ—GET THEM HERE ON SUNDAY!
- Craig Groeschel did a series of posts on his blog that both encouraged me AND kicked me in the mid-section, you can read them
- Tony had a post about a job opening at NewSpring...we are serious about this and always look within our church first…but we are willing to go outside as well. E-mail him if you think you’ve got the skilz…
- I was informed today that we have over 400 teenagers going to Panama City this summer…last year we took 180! I am SO looking forward to that week! I LOVE hanging with our youth group! (For those who don’t know…I have the privilege of being the camp pastor for our teens every year—and I LOVE IT!!!)
- I love our creative team!!! We met today and these guys and gals are awesome! In my opinion when you get a group of people together who love Jesus, know Scripture AND know culture and begin to brainstorm…GREAT THINGS HAPPEN! WOW…I love the direction God is leading us to pursue over the summer.
- Herman the turkey is dead…I think!
- I am going to be a dad! :-)
- Date night last night with ‘Cretia was AWESOME. It is my desire for us that, when we become parents that we do not cease being husband and wife!!! BUT…I know this will only happen if we are intentional!!! Proverbs 22:6 says to train up a child in the way they should GO…one day Charisse will leave…and I want ‘Cretia and I to be crazy in love…and that will not happen if we ignore one another for the next 18 years!!!
- God ROCKED my world the other day in my quiet time when I read I Kings 22:1-14…that is the kind of leader I want to be…the kind that ONLY does what God says and who does not let outsiders influence who he is!
- I also got a little scared when I read II Kings 2:23-25…from now on I will not make fun of bald-headed men!
- There is a RUMOR that Anderson may finally be getting a Starbucks!!! Please!!!!!!! THEN MAYBE Scott Hodge will stop tormenting me with his Starbucks references!!!
- I was challenged when I read Mark 3:13-15 where Jesus called the disciples—the first thing Scripture says was He called them that they might be with Him. The number one call on my life is to be with Jesus…PERIOD!
- The church should dream big; after all, if Ephesians 3:20 is true then that means that God is ONLY getting started here at NewSpring!!! YEAH!!!
That’s about it…told you my mind was racing!