Sunday Night Reflections
AMAZED…OVERWHELMED…FILLED WITH JOY…IN AWE OF AN AMAZING GOD…
Those are just a few of the phrases that describe me right now. Here are a few thoughts that are running through my mind before heading off to bed…
- I made the decision this morning in my personal time with God to preach every sermon like it’s my last one! (More on that later this week!)
- I was BLOWN away at the record crowds today…nearly 11,000 people when all was said and done!
- We had over 250 people in the atrium during the second service at the Anderson campus today because the sanctuary was FULL!
- We had to purchase extra chairs for Greenville because the second service was SLAMMED there as well!
- Personally I was hoping for 200 or 250 for our Florence launch…we had 375 show up!
- We are adding a 4th service on our Anderson campus this coming Sunday at 4:15…and I am BEGGING people to attend that service. We need seats!!!
- We are adding a 3rd service in Greenville at 6pm…and I am begging people to NOT go to 11:15 and either go to 9:15 or 6:00! Seriously! We need seats!!!
- We saw people receive Christ today, over 75 I believe, they stood and prayed out loud, asking Jesus to save them! NewSpring—we can’t EVER begin to think that is normal! EVER!
- I am seriously praying that this would be the year that YOU grow closer in your walk with Jesus than EVER before!
- Yes, I did say the word “nipple” in the church service today…it was needed because too many Christians are still latched on when they should be eating meat and serving others!
- I am praying that this will be a year of brokenness for our church as we understand that NewSpring is a place where it is okay not to be okay…admit our need for help…and watch Jesus work through our confession!
- I SERIOUSLY do believe that serving unleashes potential and gifting inside of you that would otherwise stay undiscovered were it not for your willingness to serve.
- It’s not the pastors job to serve the church…it is OUR job to serve one another.
- Matthew 5:6 says that we can grow as close to Jesus as we want…that if we HUNGER and THIRST for Him we will be filled!
- Bucky’s BBQ is amazing!
- When someone says, “I’m not being fed,” it is NOT an slam against the church but rather a slam against their own spirituality! You can have as much of Jesus as you want…how hungry are you for Him?
- It IS the job of the church to present the food, to talk about the food…but we cannot force feed people!
- Some of the Bible’s harshest words are for people INSIDE the church, not OUTSIDE the church! Unfortunately many “Christians” have that backwards!!!
- Will this be the year you finally put God first in your finances and completely surrender them to Him? Until you do so…Scripture says you are under a curse! Just something to think about…
- Marathon training is going very well…thinking this Friday will either be a 10 or 11 mile run.
- I can’t believe I get to be involved in this! THIS IS NOT NORMAL!!!