Sunday Night Reflections…
A few thoughts on a GREAT day at NewSpring Church…
- I had a BLAST today…our live Q & A was better than we anticipated!
- Most common asked questions had to to do with drinking alcohol, tattoos, inter-racial dating/marriage and homosexuality…AND predestination…WHAT a COMBO!
- In the 9:15 and 11:15 service I mentioned Carlos Whitaker’s tattoo…here is his website...he seriously has the best tat I’ve ever seen! (Hey LOS…why don’t you post a picture of it for us???)
- AND…in every service a question was asked in regards to God’s love…more specifically how does He love us if we continually do bad things - Romans 8:38-39 BLOWS ME AWAY every time I read it.
- We saw LOTS of salvations…and, as always, that NEVER gets old!
- One of the things that amazes me is how POWERFUL the WORD of GOD is…questions being asked today were answered THOUSANDS of years ago by a God who desperately wants us to know HIS ways…most often way more than we actually want to know them!
- Next week’s service…I cannot wait…seriously, I think it is going to be one of “those services” that we NEVER forget!
- Tomorrow we leave with 33 charter buses for Daytona Beach for our Youth Summer Camp…we are praying for and expecting HUGE things!
- People are STILL buzzing about the vision event we had at NewSpring on Thursday night…it seriously was one of the most electric environments I’ve EVER SEEN in my life.
- We begin “I Love The 80’s” in two weeks…I will start the whole thing off my rapping, “Ice, Ice Baby!”
- OK…I got a little excited…I will not be rapping!
- I really do love my church…and can’t WAIT to see what happens next!
Uh…one more thing…
Today we had something take place that has NEVER happened before on one of our campuses.
At the 11:15 service at our Anderson campus the engine to a Ford F-150 caught on fire…and, because it was windy this afternoon, the fire spread to other cars. Long story short…five cars were pretty much destroyed and six others were damaged. (A reporter asked me after the service if I had preached on hell, fire and brimstone!)
Several things to note…
#1 - No one was injured! The fire took place in the back section of one of our parking lots while the service was going on.
#2 - The local fire department was AWESOME…these guys responded in a matter of minutes and were able to quickly get the situation under control.
#3 - Our staff and volunteers were awesome as well and made sure everyone whose car had been destroyed and damaged were informed and taken care of.
#4 - Everyone I spoke to after the service whose car had been messed up had an amazing attitude! One lady literally told me, “Well, I have been asking God for a new car…He sure does answer in unique ways!”
#5 - It was one guys FIRST visit to NewSpring Church…wow…I hope he comes back!
Seriously…I am SO GLAD no one was hurt!!!
Have a GREAT WEEK…and once again please keep our youth group in prayer as we are at the beach this week…trust me, you will DEFINITELY be able to tell next week that God did something AMAZING!