Sunday Night Reflections
A few thoughts on an amazing weekend at NewSpring Church…
- Anytime I share my salvation story it takes me back to where I was when Jesus saved me and how far He has brought me…and it BLOWS my mind!
- No one needed His grace more…and no one deserved it less than me!!!
- We saw over 50 people cross over from death to life today…including 7 people at our web service!!!
- “Word of God” speak is one of my favorite songs of all time!
- Today we talked about how to hear God’s voice…LOVED teaching on this!
- All too often we seek answers in the Scriptures when we should be seeking Jesus…because HE will ultimately BE the answer to whatever we are facing.
- SO many times I believe we open the Scriptures seeking permission to do something rather than having an attitude of submission to WHATEVER Jesus is speaking to in our lives.
- The illustration to emphasize Psalm 46:10 was pretty powerful…it’s not that God isn’t speaking…it’s that often times we are too busy to listen.
- When was the last time you rode around in your car without the radio on…and your cell phone turned off? I believe that silence, often times, is scary…so we invite noise into our lives!
- James 1:22 is POWERFUL…it isn’t about what we know…but rather about what we do with what we know that makes the difference.
- Circumstances are often God’s megaphone that HE is using to scream to us.
- It’s amazing to many how many times in the Scriptures that God spoke so clearly and revealed who He was during a storm!!!
Now…a personal note to NewSpring Church…
I want you to know how honored I am to serve as your pastor. As I look at all that God has done in the past 10 years I am both amazed AND encouraged. Amazed that He would allow me to be a small part of all of this…and encouraged because I really do believe our best days are ahead of us!
I believe the next several months are going to be a season of celebration for all of us. Our Christmas services are going to be amazing. Our 10 year anniversary service is going to blow our mind. We’re getting ready to put shoes on the feet of over 1,000 kids that attend schools in the communities that we are in. We’re seeing Jesus do INCREDIBLE work in Kenya! We are getting ready to become fully involved in rescuing young girls from the sex slave trade. And…
I believe that we are going to see HUNDREDS of people come to Christ THIS MONTH!
Saying that…let me ask that you do WHATEVER it takes to get people to church the next several Sunday’s! (AND especially our Christmas services!!!) We’re asking God for HUGE things (will you pray that with us as well)...and I know He’s going to blow our minds.
The best is yet to come!!!