Sunday Night Reflections
A few thoughts on an amazing day!
- Clayton King hit a HOME RUN with today’s message, “Don’t Get Married Until You Deal With Your Junk.”
- (BTW…Clayton will be doing a breakout at UNLEASH entitled, “Protecting Your Pastor!”)
- Everyone has “junk”—many people allow it to go un-delt with…and that can be damaging to marriages!
- I love the motto that Clayton and Charie have, “No secrets and no surprises.” (Lucretia and I have the same thing!) We keep NO secrets from one another…and we’ve told each other EVERYTHING so that there will be no future “surprises.”
- Oh yeah…we saw well over 50 people come to know Christ today…THAT never gets old.
- Funny thing…I sat on the front row during the 9:15 service in Anderson and watched Clayton speak…and instead of looking at him I looked past him so that I could see him on the screen! The speaker was live…and yet I preferred video!
- We begin our new series entitled, “Home For Christmas” next Sunday with the first message being, “How Do I Hear God’s Voice?” And…yes…I am PUMPED!
- It was so nice to hang out with Chris Elrod and his wife Denise tonight…love getting to spend time with other pastors!!!
- Going back to the singles series…I am SO glad we did this…and it has been amazing to me the number of positive comments from MARRIED people who said, “I know you were speaking to singles…but you preached on exactly what I needed to hear!”
- When God’s Word is preached and people are pointed towards Jesus…it doesn’t matter WHAT the series is about because WHO it is about (Jesus) is CLEARLY seen.
- Lucretia has gone into Christmas decorating mode…and I’m afraid that if I stand still long enough she will have lights wrapped around me and candy canes stuck up my nose…she’s a machine!
- Yes, I am sad about the Clemson loss on Saturday…but excited that we will be playing for the ACC Championship THIS Saturday!
- I did TWO seven mile runs last week and felt GREAT afterwards…until…last night. WOW…my body at 38 doesn’t quite recover as well as it did when I was 28!
That’s about it for now…