Sunday Night Reflections
Here are a few thoughts on an amazing day…
- Began the day by talking about our Christmas offering we are taking in December…praying for our church to step up BIG…II Corinthians 9:6-8 is SO TRUE!
- It was SO awesome to have my awesome wife join me on stage today for Q & A…she’s smart, godly…and beautiful!
- WHOA FLORENCE campus…set another attendance record today!!!
- We made a commitment to be as honest and transparent as possible…and promised not to dodge any question that came to us…WOW!
- Every service asked a question about inter-racial dating/marriage…
- Every service asked a question about conflict resolution within marriage.
- Three out of four services asked a question about homosexuality.
- Every service seemed to have at least one question where a single was seeking to “push the limits” sexually…
- One of the things for singles (and marrieds) to remember is that when we pursue Jesus we will naturally pursue purity. (We don’t wind up in impure situations because we followed Jesus there!!!)
- And…purity does not come about by us being passive about it…but rather by us being passionate about it and doing whatever it takes to fight for it.
- The question in the 4th service asked by the young lady that was raped broke my heart…if you are reading this…PLEASE talk to someone about what happened to you. God did not mean for you to carry around the load that is weighing down your heart, mind and soul! (See Matthew 11:28-30)
- Yes, it’s true that ‘Cretia and I have never gone to bed mad at one another…we take Ephesians 4:25-27 seriously.
- AND…we understand that our main purpose when having a conflict is to settle the issue and not merely to win the argument.
- A godly relationship is built on trust…NOT lust! If you can’t trust him/her now…then you WON’T trust them when you get married.
- A woman never gets tired of hearing she’s beautiful.
- A man never gets tired of receiving respect from his wife.
- God DID NOT ASK anyone to sleep with someone so that they will come to church the next day!!!
- Yes, I did say, “You cannot masturbate and sing ‘Amazing Grace’ at the same time” in the second service…because…
- Someone asked can they masturbate if it keeps them from sleeping around (NO!!!!). Then I said that you cannot masturbate without lusting, which led to the comment above.
- If you want to watch the video of the service…it will be up on our website by Tuesday…and the podcast should be up on Tuesday as well.
- AND…we are also working on a video that will take every question that we answered that may have been unique to a particular service and will be posting it on the web in the next week or so.
- Please pray for our crew in Kenya…we’re hearing great stories about all that God is already doing over there. (They arrived on Friday and will be back home this Saturday.)
- AND…I AM about 90% sure I am getting a motorcycle (it came up in a service today)...and I am excited about it! I know…they are dangerous…so is texting while driving a car!!! We only live once…and I don’t want to live a life in which I am afraid to do anything b/c of what might happen to me! :-)
OK…it’s a great night for sleep (cold and rainy!) Good night!