Sunday Night Reflections
WHAT an amazing day…a few thoughts before heading to bed!
- The Daraja children’s choir leading us in worship will be an experience that I am quite sure I will never forget…WOW!
- (HERE is information on future Kenya trips…including how to sign up and such…)
- The 11:15 service today was one of the most INCREDIBLE services we’ve ever had at NewSpring Church.
- Columbia campus is continuing to grow…and five people received Christ there today! (Hearing that NEVER gets old!)
- We literally covered the entire book of Revelation in one service…the KEY to understanding the book is found in the first five words of Revelation 1:1!!!
- We will never discover WHAT God wants until we discover WHO HE IS...which is made OBVIOUS in the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- Our eternal significance is NOT tied into our success but rather our Savior!
- It is a dangerous thing to say God is silent when the Bible says that His Word is living and active! (Hebrews 4:12)
- One day EVERYTHING we have of value will be placed at the feet of Jesus…but…if we’re truly following Him that won’t be anything new because we are already doing it.
- I loved coaching our church today on how to respond to critics…we DON’T fight with them (see Nehemiah 6:1-4)...as Rick Warren says…we OUTLOVE them, OUTLIVE them and OUTFRUIT them.
- Our obsession doesn’t need to be what “they” say…but rather what HE says…and HE says to preach the GOSPEL!!!
- Talking about racism is always tense…and fun! AND…it’s true…white people can’t clap!!!
- God’s wrath will destroy every ounce of poverty, injustice, abuse and hatred that exist in the world…which makes me believe it is NOT a bad thing.
- Ending the service with “You Hold Me Now” was a POWERFUL worship moment that I don’t think we’ll ever forget.
- We have two more weeks to go in the series…one of which we will cover the question, “What happens to you when you die?”
- Then…November 1st we begin a brand new series entitled, “Don’t get married until…” It is specifically targetting singles (although EVERY married couple needs to be there for “review!”)
- I honestly believe it is going to be the most direct and straighforward teaching I’ve ever done on being single and preparing to get married.
- REALLY excited about November 22 when Lucretia will be joining me on stage to answer question from the congregation via text messaging and twitter.
- The early bird for UNLEASH ends October 31…it’s $39...if you are a church leader then you really need to get on this. I found out the other day that our sing ups are 62% ahead of where they were this time last year…it’s filling up FAST!!! AND…seats are limited!
- REALLY looking forward to hosting the guys from our coaching network and the staff that each of them serve with this Thursday…it’s going to be an amazing day!
- REALLY excited about our 10th anniversary service in the BILO Center on January 24th.
- REALLY excited about all that God is doing in our church…so thankful for all that has happened…and just think, the BEST IS YET TO COME!