Sunday Night Reflections
What an amazing day at NewSpring Church…
- Believe it or not…the crowd was ON FIRE today @ the Anderson Campus (even though it was a holiday weekend)...it always is during football season when Clemson wins the Saturday before! :-)
- I had the privilege of sitting in the worship service today and getting to hear Brad Cooper preach an incredibly challenging message…probably the best I’ve ever heard on the subject of the heart. Some of the quotes I wrote down were…
- “Too many times we come to church and nothing changes.”
- “Sin is not what you do but rather it is who you are - we are deeply sick.”
- “We’re failures, that’s why the cross is so important.”
- “Solomon ran out of fantasies!” (See Ecclesiastes 2:10-11)
- “You didn’t get bored following God’s heart, your got bored following your own.”
- I could seriously go on and on…you should listen to this message! WOW!
- The volunteers we have here at NewSpring Church are AMAZING…so thankful that so many people have embraced participation instead of being a spectator.
- BTW…Jesus didn’t change the world with spectators…but through people who knew enough about Him to be dangerous and were willing to do what they could with what they had for HIS name!!!
- AND…another BTW…that’s still His plan!!!
- We begin our series on the end times on Sunday, September 27…have never preached on this subject before at NewSpring…can’t wait to dive in!
- AND…we’re doing a series for singles in November entitled, “Once Upon A Time,” can’t wait for that one either!!!
- Next week we are doing something at NewSpring Church that we’ve never done…and we are begging God to do amazing things!!!
- AND…the next week (September 20th) we will be concluding “The 5 Lies…” series by talking about the lie, “It’s Just Sex!” WARNING…this is going to be THE most DIRECT message I’ve ever preached on this subject…because…
- I am freakin SICK AND TIRED of seeing marriages DESTROYED because people can’t follow through on “I DO!” AND…
- I believe one of the REASONS people are having such a hard time with marriages is the church won’t speak up and deal with what people are REALLY struggling with because they fear people will get offended…or pastors are too embarrassed to speak truth!
- So…once again…September 20th we WILL deal with this issue…and won’t be pulling ANY punches!!!
- BTW…pastors…when God says “say it,” you’ve got to “say it”—period! You are “HIS MAN,” not “THEIR MAN!” HE CALLED YOU, THEY DIDN’T…and to put “THEM” before God is to spit on the cross and turn your back on the ONE WHO PAID FOR YOU!!!
- We have an all staff meeting on Thursday here at the church…and I can honestly say I am more fired up about this meeting than any other staff meeting we’ve ever had in our 10 year history!!!
- Columbia campus launches on September 27th…three weeks from today…I can’t WAIT! (The campus pastor, Alden Ellis, has a blog…you can follow it for updates here.)
- REALLY excited that we are going to be adding another breakout session at Unleash...Lucretia (my wife) will be doing a session for pastor’s wives this year!!!
- Got some huge planning meetings coming up in the next month or so to talk about our Christmas services AND our 10 year anniversary service (that is going to be held at the BILO center!!!)
- I REALLY wish I had an iphone…but…they don’t work in our building!!! Verizon…PLEASE…get the iphone!!!
That’s about it…hope you have a GREAT DAY OFF tomorrow!