Sunday Night Reflections…
Going to try not to ramble here…but am pumped beyond words…so here goes…
- Today’s service was, in my opinion, one of the top five services we’ve ever had at NewSpring Church!
- We had more people at our 6:00 Sunday night service than we have had at any Sunday night service all year long…excluding Easter!
- Seeing hundreds of teenagers LEAD our church in worship was UNBELIEVABLE…I’ve challenged them to do it EVERY WEEK…and I think they are crazy enough to do it!!!
- The Gauntlet FIRED them up…and today we saw the fire begin to spread!!!
- SCOREBOARD! (You’ll need to watch the service online or listen to the podcast to get it…something I covered @ the beginning of the 6:00 service!)
- We’re NOT called to be consumers…but contributors! The challenge today was to move people from spectator to participator…and to say it was slightly tense in our services would be an understatement.
- One of the problems in the church today is that pastors are afraid to call people to make an all out commitment…Scripture is clear that we are CALLED to be a part of a local body of believers and support it with our time, our money and our prayers.
- Our church is reaching people and seeing changed lives NOT because of “me,” but because of “WE!” (And HE!!! In fact, it is HE through WE and not me that makes the difference!)
- YOU are WAY TOO VALUABLE to sit on the sideline and do nothing…God has designed you ON purpose, for a purpose…and “jumping” in and following Him will unleash potential inside of you that you never imagined that you had!
- I PRAY that YOU will get FULLY INVOLVED somewhere and allow Jesus to bring OUT OF YOU what HE has PLACED INSIDE OF YOU!!! When you get involved…everyone wins…the body of Christ, others and you!!!
- SOME of you are called into full time vocational ministry…and the key to unlocking that calling is to “jump in” somewhere!!!
- BTW…for those who think they are “over qualified” to serve in a local church…Jesus was pretty much over qualified to come to earth and wash the dung off the of the disciples feet…yet He “jumped!”
- Matthew 20:28…enough said…if we are going to follow Jesus…we’ve GOT to have this attitude!
- Someone asked today if I was angry…HECK YES…it makes me mad when people attempt to rape the Bride of Christ and use her to fulfill their selfish, self centered desires!!! We are called to reach the world through serving it…not screaming at it (OR ignoring it!)
- Yes, I know that people were offended today…that was actually the point of the message…for people to either get so offended at me that they left or so offended at themselves that they were willing to “jump” and do something!
- If you haven’t seen the baptism video on Brad’s blog...you need to check it out here...like I said Friday—THIS is why we do what we do!
- Incredibly excited about the direction of our student ministry!!!
- A HUGE of growth is coming our way at NewSpring…and today’s message was intended to either make room for them…or to get people ready to serve them!
- Florence campus will move in two weeks…and the plan is to begin going live instead of week delay!
- It looks like we will sign a deal on the lease of a building in Columbia THIS WEEK…more details coming soon!
- The more I think about the move God has orchestrated in Greenville and the facility we are in…the more it pumps me up!
- We have 1,000 extra seats on the Anderson campus per service (the student facility) that we plan on using this fall!
- I am excited about all of this because…IT MEANS MORE PEOPLE HEAR THE GOSPEL AND MEET JESUS!!! THAT is NEVER a bad thing!
- I told Charisse I showed pictures of her jumping off of the cliff today in church…and she smiled!
- A really great friend brought me some “banana puddin’” minus the banana today…planning on devouring it soon!
NewSpring Church…I am SO THANKFUL for those of you who have “jumped in” and gotten involved. God is using US…and the best is yet to come. We have a calling on US as a church to do all that we can and then beg God to make up the difference…and then stand in AWE of all that He does. I love you guys!!!