Sunday AFTERNOON Reflections?
That’s right…it’s Sunday afternoon and I am going to share a few thoughts before I head off to take a nap!
- The “Crank It Up” series was fun…I love going back and teaching on the basics.
- Our next series, STUCK, is going to be incredible…in it we will be breaking down the questions, “Does God REALLY have a purpose for me? Why am I always stressed out and worried? How can I know God’s purpose for my life? I hate my job—is this really what God has for me?”
- The main verse for the next series is John 10:10! Once again, if you feel “stuck” in life…this one is definitely for you—AND it is an awesome opportunity to invite someone!
- I said it over and over in the series…but the thesis of everything we did in “Crank It Up” was to try and get people to take ownership of their personal walk with God. A part of being an adult is accepting responsibility for where we are in life.
- Today’s message was on vision…one thing about the vision/direction of our church, you either love it or hate it. By the way…I’m OBSESSED WITH IT! :-)
- We are ALL called to serve in ministry in some capacity…we are WAY to valuable to God for us to sit on the sideline and do nothing.
- I said it today…I will say it again here…to all of the people who want to go “deep,” you are only as “deep” as the last person you served! If Jesus meant what He said in Matthew 20:28 then we are not supposed to seek how we can be served…but rather how we can serve others.
- One thing I refuse to ever apologize for is the passion I have for the vision God has given us here at NewSpring Church…I seriously want to see people come to Christ, to meet needs in our community, to see people honor God’s Word and live without regret…and to change the perception the world has of God’s church.
- It was weird—GOOD WEIRD—to have Saturday evening services and then follow it up with two more this morning. It’s not something we’re going to do every week…but I think everyone at our church, including our staff, will enjoy an evening off!
- I was surprised when I surveyed the audience today and discovered that the majority of the people seem to want the Giants to win tonight. Personally, I am pulling for the Patriots…being a Cowboys fan makes it pretty much illegal to pull for the Giants.
- Baptism this Saturday...I LOVE Baptism, it is SERIOUSLY one of my favorite things we do at NewSpring Church!
- Thanks again for everyone’s concern for Charisse…she is doing awesome, and this morning when I got her out of bed she smiled at me…AND then she gave me a hug. It was AWESOME…I stood there, not moving because I just was soaking in that moment. It literally was a highlight of my life!!!
- I just finished Tony Dungy’s book, “Quiet Strength.” If you are a dude, love football and leadership…then this is YOUR BOOK. Seriously, it’s one of the best books I’ve ever read on leadership.
- I read three books in January—17 more to go for the year! :-)
- Have I mentioned that Unleash is continuing to gain momentum? We have nearly 700 signed up so far!
- The girls basketball team that I am assistant coach on completed our season yesterday…we finished 8-0 and are now waiting for our seeding in the tournament. YEAH LADIES! BALLIN’!!!