My Bible Journey
I just completed the book of Job…WOW…here are some thoughts I had on my journey.
- Job 1:21, I came into the world with nothing—that is how I will leave—everything I have is God’s—I am a steward.
- I am so glad my wife loves Jesus and loves me and does not do what Job’s wife did in Job 2:9-10. Problem—she wanted to bail on her husband when things got rough. Thank you Lucretia for loving me—even when its tough to do so.
- Job had really legalistic friends…I thank God that I’ve got friends who love me.
- God despises self righteousness and arrogance.
- Job 5:9, God has done so many awesome things that I could NEVER count them!
- Job 7:7, my life is but a breath…I’ve got one shot at life—I want to do it right!
- God is Holy and so are His ways…He has never had to say “oops” or “my bad!” And that means I can trust Him…no matter what happens. HE IS STILL GOD!!!
- Job 28:28—enough said!!!
- Job 31:1 is a commitment that EVERY MAN needs to make. The world would be a much better place if men would simply learn how to keep their pants on!!!
- AND…I’ve got to say this…the world would also be a much better place if some women didn’t feel as if they needed to show off their boobs!!! Dang ladies!!! What the heck!!! I will say this with no shame—put them away—they are for your husbands eyes only!!! If you want men to stop treating you like a piece of meat then quit putting yourself on display!!!
- Job 32:18-22, I pray that this kind of passion is always consuming me when I speak.
- Job 41:11—I don’t own a thing—everything I have is on loan from God.
- Job 42:7, focus on the Lord & do what is right in His eyes…and He will handle those who oppose you!
- Pray for your friends who have hurt you—and God will move in incredible ways. Job 42:7-9
- God is SO incredible AND blesses us beyond anything we deserve, Job 42:10-17
- Job 42:13-15, I want to raise a godly daughter and pass on to her an inheritance, not boatloads of debt and a bill for my funeral!
- Job 42:17, I want to finish well!