God Has NOT Forgotten You!
If you are a pastor/church leader reading this today…I feel like the Lord specifically wanted me to write about this fact…
HE HAS NOT FORGOTTEN YOU!
I know some reading this feel forgotten…alone…abandoned…and maybe even like you once heard the voice of God…but you, for some reason, can’t hear it now…
You used to feel like you were close to Him…but ministry has taken away your intimacy, and You feel like the One who called you is SO far away.
And so you assume He’s forgotten you…sent you where you are basically to get you out of the way so that He can get to other “important” things.
You’ve prayed…you’ve read your Bible…you’ve fasted…and NOTHING. And so…the only “logical” conclusion is that He’s forgotten you and that you, for some reason, no longer matter.
NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.
Isaiah 49:14-16 says, “But Zion said, ‘The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.” Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? The she may forget, I WILL NOT FORGET YOU! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands…” (Emphasis mine)
We think we’ve been forgotten for various reasons…
- The critics seem to be getting louder…and maybe even more numerous. (You will either be shaped by them or HIM!)
- We’re not getting enough rest…and you really do feel like the key to getting His attention again is to DO MORE, WORK HARDER…and so you are desperately seeking His approval. (See Matthew 3:17)
- We’re not seeing the “success” that other ministries are seeing. (Comparison kills!)
- The “new idea” that we had and were convinced that it was going to be successful was a miserable failure.
- The enemy is real…and wants us to feel abandoned and alone!
But reality is this…if He called you then He WILL finish what He started! (Philippians 1:6)
He is still with you…and will NEVER leave you or forsake you!
I don’t know where you are…OR what you are going through…but HE DOES…and He will fill you with HIS Spirit and HIS strength and sustain you.
DO NOT give up on the God who hasn’t given up on you…even though you can FEEL that He’s with you…that doesn’t change the FACT that He’s there.
You’re not forgotten. If you are still breathing then He isn’t finished with you. The churches best days are ahead of her…not behind her…and He’s called you to be a part of it!!!
He has NOT forgotten you!