Day #1 - Found People Find People
In case you missed it…we announced at NewSpring Church yesterday that every single day this week we are going to be providing a devotional guide here on my website that we pray will help you in regards to your personal walk with Jesus…
So, with that in mind, grab your Bible and let’s dive into the fact that FOUND PEOPLE FIND PEOPLE…
#1 - Take a look at the passage we looked at on Sunday (Matthew 9:9-13) and answer the following questions…
- Who saw who first (Matthew 9:9)?
- What did Matthew automatically do after he met Jesus (Matthew 9:10)?
- Why did Jesus say He had came to earth when being questioned about His associations by the religious experts of the day (Matthew 9:11-13)?
#2 - Turn to John 1:35-51 and answer the following questions…
- How did Andrew meet Jesus (John 1:35-40)?
- What does the Bible say the first thing Andrew did was after meeting Jesus (John 1:41-42)?
- Did Andrew try to change Peter…or did he simply bring him to a place, introduce him to Jesus and let Jesus change him (John 1:41-42)?
- Who found who (John 1:43)?
- What did Phillip do once he was found (John 1:44-45)?
- Did Nathanael believe automatically or was he skeptical at first (John 1:46)?
- What was Phillip’s response at the end of John 1:46? (Notice that he simply wanted to get him to a place where Nathanael could meet Jesus! He knew that only Jesus can change someone!)
- Did Nathanael automatically believe as soon as he saw Jesus or did it take time (John 1:47-49)?
#3 - Turn to Luke 14:15-23 and answer the following questions….
- Is it common for people to have excuses when we invite them to church (Luke 14:15-20)?
- What was The Master’s response…to give up on people or keep pursuing them (Luke 14:21)?
- Does Jesus want His house to be empty or full (Luke 14:22-23)?
#4 - A few other things to consider…
- Check out Matthew 4:18-19 and notice what Jesus says that He will make His followers into! (Fishers of men!!!)
- Some more verses to read about this are Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:45-48, John 20:21, Acts 1:8, Romans 1:16, Romans 10:14-17, II Corinthians 5:12-21 and Philemon 1:6
#5 - Take some time to ask God to open your eyes to the people who are in your life that need Christ…and then be patient (II Peter 3:9) and persistant with them.
#6 - A few other additional resources…
- I wrote an article entitled Six Things We Need To Understand About Evangelism that might be helpful to you.
- Here is an article I wrote entitled “A Salvation Conversation” about having a talk with my dad before he died in regards to where he was going to spend eternity.
- Here is an article I wrote about the guy who didn’t give up on me and kept on inviting me to church!
- And last but not least, THIS QUOTE by CS LEWIS is definitely worth your time.