A Letter From Pastor P To NewSpring Church
Howdy NewSpring Church, EIGHT things I would LOVE to share with you today…
#1 - This past Sunday was one of the most moving services we’ve ever had at our church as, at the end of the message, hundreds of men across every campus stood to their feet and prayed out loud together. Like I said Sunday…I really do believe MOST of the problems our nation is facing could be solved if men would simply step up and embrace Biblical manhood. (And we saw around EIGHT people receive Christ!!!)
#2 - For those who stood and prayed…remember that Jesus being primary & not secondary (or…the LORD God and not just God) is a daily decision that all of us must make. As we said in the “All In” series, a growing relationship with God is INTENTIONAL, not ACCIDENTAL! What step is HE calling you to take today? What change is He calling you to make today?
#3 - If we are walking with God we will constantly be shaped and transformed more and more into the image of Jesus. Some of the things we shared on Sunday about this…
- Single men…Jesus had a job! He was a carpenter until the age of 30 and then did ministry! He was not a boy who shaved…He was a man (please see I Corinthians 13:11!) He didn’t live in Mary’s basement, watch youtube clips with his buddies until 2am, sleep until lunch, go get a cheeseburger from a drive thru, come home and play games and then get on Facebook around 5:00 or so to see which woman He wanted to use and manipulate that evening!
- Single guys…Jesus treated women with respect & admiration…He never sought to use them or manipulate them in any way.
- (BTW…I wrote an article last week entitled, “EIGHT WRONG REASONS FOR DATING A GIRL” that was written to challenge guys, you can check it out here if you think it may help!)
- Married guys…Jesus had a job but He was not a work-a-holic!
- Dads…Jesus had time for children (see Matthew 19:13-14) - we MUST have time for ours! (I wrote more about that here in a post about dating my daughter)
- Too many dads today want to give their kids PRESENTS…when they really want our PRESENCE!
- Married guys…Jesus hasn’t walked away from His bride (the church), we should NEVER walk away from ours!
- Men…Jesus was generous, we should be as well. People who get closer to Jesus get more generous—period!
#4 - Men, if the Lord convicted and corrected you on Sunday (as He did me) then rejoice in that and move on! None of us have ever out-sinned the grace of God! He can STILL USE YOU! Adam screwed up and He still used him! In fact, every Bible hero we have (other than Jesus) was a complete screw up and God worked in and through them anyway! If you are still breathing then it is NOT TOO LATE to make right what has been wrong for so long!
#5 - THIS COMING SUNDAY we are going to be talking about “Four Things That Every Man Must Know About A Woman!” I can promise you that the men WILL be challenged (I know I have been as I’ve been preparing) and the ladies will be encouraged!
#6 - If you have not checked out our Easter recap video yet then do so right here!!! I love my church…thank you to everyone who brought someone to church with you Easter weekend. AND…if they have not yet received Christ then DO NOT give up on them!!! (One more time, check out II Peter 3:9!!!)
#7 - I cannot emphasize this enough…The Gauntlet is filling up FAST. If I am not mistaken we only have around 200 or so more spots and once they’re filled then registration will be officially closed. There literally will be no more room as we have rented out the entire hotel for this event!! If you are thinking about registering your child or just haven’t gotten around to it then I would urge you to do so ASAP! It’s going to be amazing! (You can do so here!)
#8 - I am super excited about my friend Matt Chandler being with us this Thursday night! Matt just wrote a new book entitled “The Explicit Gospel” and our church will be hosting him for this event as a part of his book tour. You can find out more information and register for the event here (it is a ticketed event!) It’s going to be a GREAT evening!
That’s it…I LOVE MY CHURCH!