A Letter From Pastor P To NewSpring Church
Howdy NewSpring Church, EIGHT things I want to share with you today…
#1 - Over 50 people prayed to receive Christ this past Sunday…I’m STILL PUMPED about that!!! We can NEVER allow people coming from death to life to become normal, stale and boring!!!
#2 - We had our first “preview” services at our Spartanburg campus this past Sunday…and 907 people showed up between our two services! AND…THREE PEOPLE RECEIVED CHRIST, including a husband and a wife!!! AND…our church set another non-holiday/special event attendance record with nearly 17,000 in attendance across all of our campuses! We’re going to reach 100,000 in this state for Christ…and then the next generation is going to reach 100 million!!!
#3 - People receive Christ EVERY TIME our church addresses the issue of money! EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! We would not even be Christians were it not for the amazing generosity POURED out all over us from God (see John 3:16 & II Corinthians 9:15.) A few things to remember from Sunday…
- Our problem with the economy in America is not scarcity…it’s irresponsibility! (Sorry about using a Chick Fil A illustration on Sunday and making so many of you crave it!!!)
- If we will put God first (Matthew 6:33) by giving Him our best (Malachi 1:6-14), then He promises to take care of the rest!!!
- Money always tells the truth (Matthew 6:21!)
- It is IMPOSSIBLE to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ and hold back this area of our lives. (Matthew 6:24) And…the love of money is the #1 thing that holds most people back from having an unbelievable relationship with Jesus!
- Jesus said if He is first in our finances then we do NOT need to worry about money (Matthew 6:25-32) because our financial foundation is not tied into the fate of the American economy but rather the FAITHFULNESS of God…and while the American economy is unstable (there have been 12 recessions since the Great Depression), God’s faithfulness and mercies are made NEW EVERY MORNING! (Lamentations 3:21-26!)
- It’s so hard at times to trust God with our finances…and when that happens just “close your eyes and run!” (Had to be there!)
- All God does is win…and 90% with God is WAY better than 100% without Him!
#4 - Learning how to handle money in a responsible manner IS discipleship!!! There are over 2,350 verses in the Bible on money, wealth and possessions (more than on the subject of faith and prayer combined!) If God said THAT MUCH about it, then it HAS TO BE IMPORTANT! With that in mind NewSpring Church is offering a FREE class on budgeting at every campus…here is the website with more information and an opportunity for you to get signed up!
#5 - This coming Sunday we’re going to deal with how to handle stress, panic attacks, anxiety, worry and doubt! I wrote about it yesterday right here, I’m believing
hundredsthousands of people are going to receive hope and encouragement this weekend! BRING SOMEBODY!
#6 - If you are a parent of a KidSpring Kid then here is what they are starting THIS COMING SUNDAY...it’s going to be AWESOME!
#7 - Parents, registration for the Gauntlet is REALLY starting to gain momentum! (More info here!) For those who may not know…The Gauntlet is our week long summer camp for students who have just completed 6th - 12th grade! It’s one of my FAVORITE things that I have the privilege of participating in every year! Your child NEEDS TO BE THERE!!! Trust me!!! And don’t worry if they “don’t have any friends that are going” because they will have LOTS of friends when they get back home!!!
#8 - Keep our church in your prayers as our church will be hosting our annual conference for churches and church leaders called “Unleash” NEXT Thursday! There are 2,800 church leaders from literally all over the world that will be here at NewSpring Church for a day of encouragement, inspiration and learning. It is an honor for us to be able to host them…and for those who have already signed up to volunteer on that day I want to say a huge “thank you” in advance!!! (And…if you want to volunteer or find out more just call our church office in Anderson for more information - 864-226-6585!)
That’s all for this week…I love my church!