A House Divided, A Tailgate Party and Other Sunday Night Reflections
Time to go to bed…but I wanted to get a few random thoughts out of my mind first…
- Today was a fun day at NewSpring…one of my favorite things to teach on is baptism and we saw between 300 and 400 people respond today saying that they want to go public and take their next step in following Christ.
- Saturday is going to be AWESOME…remember, we begin “tailgating” at 4:00 and our baptism services begin at 6:00. I can’t wait!!! Remember…if you need to be baptized OR if you have questions then e-mail us at email@example.com
- For those who are wondering—YES, we are having a HUGE tailgate party at NewSpring on Saturday and then baptizing…if college football fans can tailgate in anticipation of a game that will not mean that much in the scope of eternity—then we should celebrate ALL THE MORE!!!
- I think the entire women’s soccer team was at NewSpring tonight…one of the players on the team received Christ last Sunday and was baptized this evening and her team showed up to support her—it was awesome!
- For the record—I did not play soccer—EVER…there was WAY too much running involved!
- My marriage is in trouble…but only for one day. Lucretia is a HUGE Florida State fan…I am a huge Clemson fan…and being that they play tomorrow night this is the one time that things really get rocky in our relationship.
- Charisse is going to be in a state of confusion all day tomorrow…I am going to play “Tiger Rag” all day long…and ‘Cretia will probably teach her the one song the FSU band knows…should be interesting.
- If you are going to the game tomorrow look for me…I will be wearing orange. :-)
- I had a guy tell me today that someone in our community told him, “Don’t go to NewSpring…that pastor isn’t ordained!” First of all…I have been ordained, so it’s obvious that someone didn’t know what they were talking about. Second of all—have people became so insecure that it is coming to THIS? DANG—what’s next? (I even hate to imagine!!!)
- No matter how BAD it gets for your college football team…it CAN’T be as bad as being a Michigan fan!
- I am excited about speaking at Clemson’s FCA on Thursday night!
- I spoke with a lady tonight before our 6:00 service that found our church on-line a couple of weeks ago and drove two hours from NC just to be at our service…WOW!
- GAMETIME begins this coming Sunday…and we will be talking about the next steps God is leading us to take as a church—these are the most exciting times in our history!!!
- Have a great Labor Day!